Saturday, October 17, 2009

Forgot what it was like....

Grandma Doris has been here visiting the last couple weeks. As a stay home mom with no car, I LOVE the company. :)
Well, I have had some Red Lobster gift cards for over a year, and we just don't get the chance to go out to eat often enough for me to be willing to take the kids there just yet. So we just keep holding on to the gift cards. However, Grandma decided that Mommy and Daddy were going to use them. So the other night, just my husband and I went out to dinner. It was nice, quiet, relaxing, and I kept watching everyone else's kids thinking...."Awww....I miss mine, we should of brought them." LOL...yep, that is my crazy mind for you! ;) However, it was fabulous to sit and have an adult conversation and enjoy a couple hours with just my husband. We haven't been out to dinner alone since probably about June of 2006. I had forgotten what it was like to not try to keep excessive amounts of food off the floor, try to keep active toddlers seated in their boosters, convince them that salt and pepper shakers aren't toys, and get them to consistently use their "inside voice". Oh, and be able to actually enjoy the appetizer, salad, and entree, without having to ask for a box as soon as the entrees come because that is one course too many for a 2yr and 3yr old. :)

1 Comments:

Cara said...

So cool you guys got a night out and enjoyed it! Yay! And I love your explanation on diner with kids:):):)