Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Life is precious....

I started to type a post about how the last few days have been and just some silly ramblings. However, I just learned that a friend of a friend of mine just lost her partner, best friend, and father of her child. At the age of 28. And it all seems so irrelevant now.

My heart is breaking. I can feel an emptiness in the depth of my soul and I don't even know these people. It is a reminder that life is so very precious, and often times too short. There are so many things I am thinking that I wish I could share here but can't. But I will say this.... Cherish those in your life. Tell the ones you love that you love them every day. Don't risk waking up tomorrow and having to live with the "if only I'd told them". Apologize, forgive, admit when you are wrong, laugh, love...create memories. And do not settle. Do not settle for anything in life. Whether it's love, career, family...go after your dreams. Don't plan on "tomorrow" always being there. Because it may not be.

0 Comments: