Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I'm good! How are you?

I wonder how many people do that. Say they are always okay. That's me. I do that. All the time. "How are you?" "I'm great, how about you??" It's only once in awhile someone will hear me say that I am not okay. It makes me wonder how many people really have that great of lives versus how many people will make it a good day despite what is going on versus those people that are just hiding behind the words.

I do it for a few different reasons. For starters, I am determined to be okay despite what is going on. I CHOOSE to be in a good mood and to be happy. Another reason is that numerous people are going through more than I am. So who am I to complain? I could be worse. Another is that I just don't want people to know. It's my business, not theirs. And lastly, because if I actually say things out loud to someone else, I may just be crushed under the weight of the burden and sorrow. Just thinking about it right now I physically feel the weight on my heart. So I don't think about it. I'm great.

I truly am happy everyday. And I am good when you ask. But for the wrong reasons. I am working on being happy for the right reasons. I am working on being okay because I trust in God's plan for me and trust that He will not give me more than I can handle. Instead of happy just because I choose to be. And there is a different feeling in my heart between those two types of happiness. One is just a happiness. The other is a happiness with a sense of peace.

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, you think so much like me it's crazy! I have always said that YOU decide how YOU feel not someone else! Don't let people rent space in your head - you control your attitude. No one controls yours! It's the simplest thing but the hardest to do!