Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Brain Rot

I am actively combating my brain rot! My wonderful sister in law keeps sending good books my way. So between Sodoku puzzles, crossword puzzles, learning about random things, and good books...I feel like my brain is being put to better use.

In the last couple weeks I have read "Into the Wild"...a true story about a young man venturing off into the Alaskan wilderness, and "The Lovely Bones". I must say that though the first book was good, the latter has to be one of my favorite reads in quite awhile. It is about a young girl of 14 who is murdered. She is telling her story from up in Heaven, where she is watching down on her family and friends. It is a gruesome topic as far as child murder, but the book was so well written that I could not put it down.

Currently I just started a new book, a memoir by the author of The Lovely Bones, about her rape and healing process afterward. I will let you know how it is.

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

my aunt and uncle were living up in alaska when that guy died up there. you should definately see the movie INTO THE WILD - EXCELLENT!!!!