Monday, January 5, 2009

A look back at 2008

As the New Year really gets going this week, I decided I wanted to take a look back on what 2008 was like.

~We moved from Washington (where we had been all our lives) to Oregon
~Jazmine turned two and Isaac turned one.
~Isaac started walking and talking and Jazmine suddenly turned from my baby girl to a little girl
~Got reconnected with friends from highschool
~Found a new church we fell in love with
~Left both Isaac and Jazmine in daycare at the church for the first time ever
~Formed new friendships and really started to turn Salem into our "home"
~Spent the summer with family visiting us
~I started working again, but am lucky enough to be able to still keep the children with me
~Took the children to the Pumpkin Patch for the first time...also my first time since I was old enough to remember
~The children went Trick-or-Treating for the first time (Isaac as a pumpkin, Jaz as a bumblebee)
~Elected a new President that I am so very excited and passionate about for the first time since I was old enough to vote
~Had our first Thanksgiving in Oregon at Lenny's cousin's house
~Planned on having our first ever Christmas without tons of family around
~Had a huge winter storm that had us without power for days, so we spent Christmas with friends and it was wonderful


I am excited to see what 2009 will bring. The last year had plenty of challenges and heartbreak, like I think almost every year usually holds in store, but maybe, just maybe, 2009 will have a few less. :)

0 Comments: