Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Bucket List

I just saw the movie The Bucket List not too long ago. And it got me thinking. When I was younger, my own "Bucket List" would of had things on it like visit Africa and take a safari, go to Greenland, do the Iditarod, swim with Orcas and dolphins, etc... I may of put have children and a family on there. But now that I have children, my list today would be so very different.

I want to watch my children grow. Make memories every day with them. Find the biggest park we can with the longest slide. Go to Disneyland. See the Grand Canyon. Go to Yellowstone. And then I want to be there at their highschool and college graduations, be a part of their weddings, hold my grandchildren, etc... Those are two completely different "Bucket Lists".

It doesn't mean that I still don't want to do that other stuff, because I do. But it isn't my priority. And if I live to the ripe old age of 97 or something, and have the pleasure of enjoying all of those things with my children, then maybe I'll change my "Bucket List" back to the types of things it was before. Imagine doing the Iditarod at 97....LOL! ;)

1 Comments:

Cara said...

I could definitely see you doing the iditorad at 97! :)